Lavender Rose Bulletproof Matcha
I love anything matcha!! I find it to be super refreshing and prefer having it iced. It’s great for a warm sunny day but I also drink it on cold days too! The matcha powder I use is from The Matcha Reserve. They have a bunch of matcha flavors but I like the original ceremonial grade the best! If you use the code “FEEDYOURSISTER” you will get a 15% discount on your order. I also use Further Food collagen peptides in my matchas, but it is totally optional. The benefits for collagen are vast. For me, I’ve noticed the growth of my nails and hair increase and get stronger. I also love that it contains protein as well so it keeps me full until mid morning! Use code “FEEDYOURSISTER10” to get a 10% discount on your collagen order! This recipe is my version of a Bulletproof matcha, typically Bulletproof is made with coffee. If you don’t want it to be Bulletproof, omit the ingredients listed as optional.
What is Bulletproof? It’s typically done with coffee but these days you can turn anything into a bulletproof version by adding brain octane oil and grass-fed ghee or unsalted butter. I also add in collagen peptides. The following information is from the Bulletproof blog…
Starting your day with Bulletproof gives you three things:
Suppressed hunger. Brain Octane Oil balances ghrelin and CCK, your hunger hormones, keeping you full until lunch. You can read more about the science behind BP Coffee and hunger suppression here.
Steady lasting energy. The saturated fat in grass-fed butter slows the absorption of caffeine, which gives you even energy for several hours instead of a caffeine spike and crash. No jitters, either.
Mental clarity. Brain Octane rapidly converts to ketones, a type of molecule that your brain uses more efficiently than carbs or sugar. Pair ketones with the slowly releasing caffeine and you can literally feel your brain turning on.
Lavender Bulletproof Matcha
(makes about 20oz)
- 1 tbsp vanilla ghee, melted, optional (I use Fourth and Heart)
- 1.5 cups milk, of your choice
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2-1 tsp organic dried lavender and/or organic rose petals (Make sure its food grade, I got mine from Amazon.)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 3 tsp matcha
- 2 scoops Further Food collagen peptides, optional
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof brain octane, optional
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender, such as a Vitamix.
- Blend on high until smooth and frothy, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour over a large glass of ice, sip and enjoy!
- Warm up milk and water until it’s almost boiling.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in the blender and then pour hot liquids in.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.