Sausage Egg Muffins
Egg Muffins are a great thing to make for your weekly meal prep. The best thing about them is that you can adapt the flavors to your tastebuds. This specific recipe contains turkey sausage and some of my favorite veggies that I like in my eggs. There’s no dairy, no soy, no gluten! They are paleo and whole 30 compliant too (if your sausage is approved). One important pro tip is to make sure you have silicon muffin liners or silicon muffin baking tray to cook the eggs in so they don’t stick! Another option is to throw it all in a cast iron or pyrex and bake it. This method would make a large frittata that you can cut up and portion out for the week! I like to pop 2-3 muffins in the microwave for a minute or so and then I head out the door to work! Egg muffins are great for those mornings when you are running late! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
(makes 12 muffins)
- 12 grape tomatoes, slices in half, lengthwise
- 1 large handful of baby kale
- 1 package of mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 3 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 8 organic pasture raised eggs
- avocado oil spray
- salt and pepper
- large silicon muffin pan/regular muffin pan with silicon muffin cups/12-inch cast iron pan/lasagna pyrex pan
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat up your cast iron pan over medium heat with a few sprays of avocado oil. Add all the veggies to the pan, season with salt and pepper and sauté until softened (about 5-7 minutes).
- Remove veggies and set aside in a medium bowl.
- Spray cast iron pan with more avocado oil and place turkey sausage meat to sauté. Sauté turkey into crumbles until mostly cooked, about 10 minutes. Constantly mix sausage in pan while it’s cooking.
- Place cooked sausage crumbles in the bowl with the veggies and mix to combine.
- Meanwhile place muffin liners in the muffin pan and grease the liners a little as well. If using a different type of pan make sure to grease generously.
- Crack eggs in a separate bow and mix to combine yolks and whites using a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a little less than 1/4 cup of the veggie mixture and egg mixture in each muffin.
- Bake muffins for about 20-25 minutes until egg muffins are firm.
- Enjoy immediately or place in the fridge to have later in the week! To warm up, place muffins in the microwave for about a minutes and enjoy on-the-go! They will keep in the fridge for 4-5 days.