Coconut Butter Cups
I love Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Cups! Since they are on the pricey side I created a copycat recipe so that I can make them at home! I made a few different flavors of these delicious coconut butter cups. The recipe starts out with the basic coconut butter. You can use the store bought kind or make it yourself! It’s super easy and only contains 3 ingredients.
(makes about 1 cup of coconut butter)
• 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut or coconut flakes
• 3 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
• 3 tsp Bulletproof Brain Octane (optional)
- In your food processor (I don’t think a mini one is powerful enough) place all ingredients.
- Every 3 minutes or so, scrape down the sides and mix around.
- Blend for about 15-17 minutes total until the coconut is liquified and creamy! That’s it folks!
- Store in a Mason jar on the counter. If it hardens, you can melt it in the microwave to soften up again!
If you want toasted coconut butter, toast up the flakes in the oven or in a pan before blending in the food processor. Be careful not to over toast! Also, if you don’t want to add the coconut sugar that’s fine, it’s still delish without! Same goes for Brain Octane Oil, it’s just added fuel, always optional.
Strawberry Coconut Butter Cups 🍓🌴🍫
(makes about 12 cups)
• 1 cup homemade coconut butter, softened (microwave if hard)
• 1 cup mini chips or chocolate chunks
• 1 tbsp Bulletproof Brain Octane
• freeze dried strawberry slices (can be found in Trader Joe’s nut aisle)
• large silicone cupcake wrappers & muffin tin
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Add in Brain Octane Oil & stir to combine.
- Place cupcake wrappers in muffin tin.
- Place about 1/2-1 tbsp of chocolate in bottom of each silicone cupcake wrapper. You want to coat the bottom with a thin layer of chocolate & up the sides a bit. Use a small spoon to help you out.
- Place muffin tin in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Take out & place 1-1.5 tsp of coconut butter on top of each cup & then top with a flat layer of freeze dried strawberry pieces.
- Cover with more melted chocolate. Make sure the chocolate gets sealed around the sides and top!
- Place in freezer again until hard.
- Enjoy whenever. They keep in fridge or freezer for a while!
Matcha Coconut Butter Cups 🍵
- Combine 1 tsp of matcha powder to half cup of melted coconut butter.
- Follow same directions as above to assemble the cups.
- Feel free to add whatever freeze dried fruit you like. Bananas work nicely with the matcha.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it and don’t forget to tag a photo #feedyoursister on Instagram. Cheers, friends!