💥 This CRACK is not WHACK! 💥
It’s finally here & its low in sugar, roughly about 4g per serving (23g) of crack!! It can be made vegan simply by omitting the collagen. It can be paleo-friendly by omitting the buckwheat (☹️ but I’ll be sad because that is what inspired me to create this recipe in the 1st place)! Get excited…Don’t leave home without your CRACK! High is good fats, high in protein and simply delicious! Use it to top your ice cream, smoothies, yogurt, oats, pancakes, waffles, or just eat it on its own! I guarantee you won’t be able to stop!
<makes about 7 (23g) servings with ~4g sugar>
• 2 tbsp ground flax
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 2 tbsp Further Food Collagen (Use code “FEEDYOURSISTER10” for a discount, omit if vegan)
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 2 tbsp Coconut shreds
• 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 2 tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
• 1/4 cup buckwheat groats (I get them in bulk from Whole Foods)
• 1/8 tsp pink salt
• 2 tsp coconut sugar
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tbsp hot water
• 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (OR 2 tsp of whichever one you have)
•1.5 tbsp tahini (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large sheet pan with a silpat or parchment. I don’t recommend using foil.
- Place first 10 dry ingredients in a bowl & stir to combine.
- In a separate smaller bowl, place all the wet ingredients (coconut oil, maple syrup, hot water and vanilla – also tahini, if using) and stir.
- Pour wet ingredients onto the dry mixture and stir to combine using a spatula so that everything is a little wet. Be sure to scrape the mixture off your spatula during mixing.
- Pour mixture onto sheet pan and spread out evenly. You can make spoonfuls, two long lines of the mixture or 1 larger one. If you want some chewier pieces I recommend doing 1 larger oval shape & make it flat.
- Cook the crack for about 15 minutes on the top rack. It should be golden brown around the edges and on top. The middle may be less crispy looking if you chose to do it in 1 large oval.
- Either way, let cool & then break up into chunks.
- Store in Tupperware or in a Stasherbag (use code “FEEDYOURSISTER15” for discount on your order) & enjoy within 5-7 days!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #feedyoursister on Instagram. Cheers, friends!